Submission Guidelines: Visual Artists
The Tioga Arts Council is committed to showcasing emerging and established artists in and around Tioga County. The exhibitions change on a monthly basis. TAC welcomes submissions from artists on a continuous basis. We are interested in all contemporary media including drawing, mixed media, painting, printmaking, photography, experimental media, sculpture, quilting, etc. Visual artists seeking to exhibit at Tioga Arts Council should email or mail submissions to:
Attn: Exhibitions Committee
Tioga Arts Council
179 Front Street
Owego NY 13827
OPTION A: Send Website Information
- Provide your name with a brief introduction, a link to your website/URL containing at least 10 images, contact information, artist curriculum vitae/resume and artist statement.
OPTION B: Email Images
- Attach 5 - 10 titled jpeg images, each less than 100 KB.
- Please include the following information in the body of the email, or attached in .jpg or .PDF format:
- an image list which specifies titles, dates, media and the dimensions of each work.
- a curriculum vitae/resume and artist statement
- contact information
OPTION C: Mail/Drop Off
- 5 - 10 color JPEG images of your work on disc. Digital images must be PC compatible at 300 dpi, approximately 5″-7″. Name files with corresponding numbers (01, 02, 03, etc) from image list (example: “01.jpg”). Please submit professionally photographed digital images that accurately represent your work
- Please do not send original work or bound submissions.
- Provide a self addressed stamped envelope for the return of materials. Portfolios that do not include a self addressed stamped envelope will not be returned.
- If dropping off in gallery, we are not able to review submissions, give live portfolio reviews, or accept original artworks.
Shipping will be the responsibility of the artist. TAC retains 35% of all sales. If you have any questions please contact us. The Exhibitions Committee looks forward to reviewing your work and wishes you much success!